Welcome to Poker Jokers!  Find out more...
Pages: 1
Pokerhound or Pokertracker? (Read 3806 times)
bespect
YaBB Newbies

Poker Jokers Member

Pokerhound or Pokertracker?
Feb 3rd, 2008, 3:40pm

What have you guys found to be the better tracking software between the two? Can you please give me examples and why it's better. I'm thinking of investing in either one of these and I would like to hear from people who have used it. Thanks

WWW   IP Logged
insight-pokerhound
YaBB Newbies

Poker Jokers Member

Re: Pokerhound or Pokertracker?
Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2008, 6:36pm

Quote from bespect on Feb 3rd, 2008, 3:40pm:
What have you guys found to be the better tracking software between the two? Can you please give me examples and why it's better. I'm thinking of investing in either one of these and I would like to hear from people who have used it. Thanks

Poker Tracker is a Hand History database. PokerHound is a Real-Time Calculator
---------------------------------------------------------------
Poker Tracker has No Active Link to Real-Time Action. It updates only from Hand History at end of each hand. PokerHound updates from Hand History, BUT ALSO loads calculators and Real-Time action during hand, through hook into Poker Site process.  

Hence, PokerHound provides Real-Time Monte Carlo, EV calculations Fold-To-Raise, bet pattern analysis, and historical hand strength specific to players current action etc. etc.  

Bet Pattern does not calculate from all player's values. It first uses what it knows about specific player at that bet size and position. Then if there is insufficient data, it fills holes with profiles of that same style player at same bet size and position.  

Active history line always pulls per specific opponent only relative to specific action, bet size, and hand stage . Same for Fold-To-Raise. If player Calls, value shows their rate for folding Call (Not folding Bet or Raise) at that stage. If player raises then it is specific to Raise action etc.  

+EV first calculates Fold Equity from probability that player will Fold-If-Raised. That Fold probability derives from the player's stats adjusted to relative stack size. +EV then completes second half of calculation by examining Player's Raise, Call, and Call Push Ranges against cards' Win% and Stack sizes. That portion evaluates EV if player Calls or Raises your Raise or Push. Final EV is sum of Fold Equity and Result if called times probability of each events occurrence. In ICM mode, +EV calculates using tournament equity. In Chip mode, it calculates using Chip gain/loss.  

Monte Carlo runs hundred of thousands of hand simulations to show Win% of your hand versus Random Opponents or Specific Range by using Calc button with slider or check boxes, at any point in Holdem Hand. It auto-loads your cards and board cards from process hook.  

The difference is that Poker Tracker is a Hand History database with a PaHud overlay that refreshes at end of each hand. PokerHound is a Real-Time Calculator. that recalculates to each action during the hand.  

From a programming perspective, Reading Hand History is easy, But Reading and using Real time Action is complex. In PokerHound, I have a simple Text Parser dedicated to reading Hand History i.e. Poker Site updates Hand History file at end of hand then parser simply reads file and updates database. But it takes four Dynamic Link Libraries to acquire the Real-Time action i.e. PokerHound injects into running Poker Site process in RAM, buffers communications between process and Windows operating system, then extracts from that buffering Actions, Bet sizes, Hand Stage, Cards etc. immediately. Pokerhound then calculates to that immediate action.  

IP Logged
bespect
YaBB Newbies

Poker Jokers Member

Re: Pokerhound or Pokertracker?
Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2008, 6:41am

Hey  insight-pokerhound , thanks !

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1