Welcome to Poker Jokers!  Find out more...
Pages: 1
BIG ONE 2002: Final Table - Year of the Dog (Read 1980 times)
Five Fingers
YaBB Administrator

"Cards are war
disguised as
sport"

BIG ONE 2002: Final Table - Year of the Dog
Sep 30th, 2006, 8:17pm

The Final results from 19.10.02 were:  

1st. DOG (Carol)  
2nd. Exocet (Paul)  
3rd. Candyman (Alex)  
4th. Hummingbird (Jo)  
5th. Anaconda (Anna)  

Prize fund: £130.00 - winner takes all  
Rules: Texas Hold'em - antes double 40 mins  
Starting ante: 8 and 16 Maximum ante: 16 and 32  
Venue: Plunger Lakes  
Chips: Blue only (£2.00 each)  

The final of the Big One could not have been more exciting. A classic in every way.  

Each player came to the table with similar chip stacks (if anyone noted down the exact money chip stack each person had please post details).  

The action is swift and the dealer looks dodgy.  

Anaconda is the first to go, a snake in the grass is mowen down under the pressure of the big guns.  

'Iím gutted.'  

The Hummingbird has come of age and our phoenix continues to defy the form guide. Our wildcard entry finally succumbs to the power of the final three, but will never be underestimated again.  

'Blue is not my lucky colour.'  

The Candyman can. At least he thought he could. Unfortunately at the final hurdle he cant, and he leaves the table more bitter than sweet. Faced with the a rabid DOG and a special agent, defeat was just a matter of time. Good performance.  

'This is the most bizarre 40 quid night I have ever had.'  

What a night Exocet had. Dressed head to toe in a white tuxedo his cards were awesome. To turn a 25p chip into a £60.00 stack will take some beating. Unfortunately, he runs into the DOG who turns in the hand of the year. Cover blown, bullets spent, he has rode the rollercoaster all the way to runner up.  

'I was a tramp in the gutter, living off pizza, asking for spare change, and I ended up wearing a bond suit.'  

The DOG. What can we say? She has won the most games this year. She has begged to become a poker joker and persisted in the face of rejection. Yet without doubt, her card playing is in another league. Never in trouble. Wins the BIG ONE and takes the bracelet.  

But what a finish. Four sixes.  

Pure unadulterated absolute class. Everyone back to the drawing board...  

'I am going to wear the bracelet in bed'  

Anyone ever wondered what its like to win the BIG ONE. Looking at the ecstacy in this picture, only one person can... next year...  

By WIP Women in Poker on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 10:04 am:  

We are very proud of The Lady (aka DOG) - in the face of blatant discrimination she has shaken the very foundations of the Poker World.  

We have seen Tiger Woods force the racist Golf Clubs of America to change their policies by putting them under relentless pressure with his constant domination and neverending pursuit for excellence. Will the Jokers buckle in the same way.  

It wasn't just The Lady that did us proud...  

% of Jokers playing that made it to the final table - 25%  
% of Men playing that made it to the final table -25%  
% of Women playing that made it to the final table - 60%  

We rest our case...its time to take up snooker boys  

By professor on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 10:55 am:  

6666 number of the Hellhound  

By The Real Deal on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 01:39 am:  

Snooker loppy nuts are we! We are snooker loopy!  

By DOG on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 12:40 pm:  

A big thank you to WIP for all the support provided over the past few months. It would seem that now the poker world is WIP's lobster or is it oyster?  

By DOG on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 12:45 pm:  

In the last picture, had I just won the Poker Million? Now there's a thought!  

By DOG on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 12:50 pm:  

many thanks to Fingers and Arfur (the new boy plunger) for arranging The Big One. Very enjoyable!

Email | WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1