Welcome to Poker Jokers!  Find out more...
Pages: 1
Royal Flush (Read 3037 times)
Lawman

Royal Flush
Sep 8th, 2005, 1:13pm

Grin
Finally got dealt a Roayl Flush today.

I was playing a $5 10 person sit and go tournie and had got to heads up with $6660 v $ 8340.

Dealt Kc 10c I go all in from the small blind of $600 and got called by the other guy with Jh 4h.

Flop brings Qc Jc Kd so I'm in good shape and turn of 10s gives us both the straight draw and I'm fearing a chopped pot even with my over pair KKs.

River brings Ac and I am gob smacked and $13320 to $ 1680 chip leader!

I went on to win that 2 hands later and got $25 for the table win and a T shirt from pokerroom.com as a bonus for the Royal. Couple that with a good start for England in the Ashes at the Oval and I say I'm having a good day!

Email   IP Logged
Five Fingers
Ex Member

Re: Royal Flush
Reply #1 - Sep 8th, 2005, 8:37pm

a bloody t-shirt! thats taking the piss!

do they know the odds of getting a Royal Flush are 649,739 (six hundred thousand +!) to 1.  thats 10 t-shirts every 5 million hands!

tight wads.

nice one though.

WWW   IP Logged
Lawman

Reply #2 - Sep 9th, 2005, 1:01pm

It was 'cos it was a sit n go. If it had been in a ring game I would have got ten times the big blind or something: certainly a cash prize.

The sad thing is I was delighted with a T shirt and didn't stop smiling all day! I never win prizes and will treasure my 'Royal garb' forever! Expect to see it at a poker table near you soon!

Email   IP Logged
Five Fingers
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 10th, 2005, 10:21am

has it arrived then?! i am a little envious and look forward to seeing it at the tourney on the 8th!

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1