Welcome to Poker Jokers!  Find out more...
Pages: 1
Ranking 4: Hummingbird of Prey (Read 6489 times)
Five Fingers
Ex Member

Ranking 4: Hummingbird of Prey
Jun 5th, 2005, 8:39am

Results:

1st Hummingbird
2nd Five Fingers
3rd Professor
4th Joe 90
5th Skylwalker
6th DOG
- FINAL TABLE
7th Poker Shark
8th The Fish
9th Lawman
10th Wall Street
11th Black Cat
12th The Persuader
13th Love Rat
14th Braveheart
15th Poker Pirate
16th Krazy Kat
17th Candyman
18th Superflash

Where on earth do you start?! In the biggest game to date, the Hummingbird arrives an hour late, facing a depleted chip stack from ante action and is playing on the "table of death". More bird of prey than bird of paradise, she ruthlessly destroys her qualifying table and wins a seat at the final. Its never in doubt as she takes out Five Fingers with the last river card of the match. What a classic performance, I really can't recall any better in over 200 games of poker.

With so many players there were mini duels breaking out all over the tables, so if anyone wants to fill in the blanks, post away.

My beer induced haze remembers the following headlines.

Wall Street scoring a hand of four aces in the first hour, but only winning the blinds "4 aces, 3 chips!".

Candyman going all in with nothing, facing 100 million draws to lose (slight exagerating) and being called by the Poker Shark with just slightly better than nothing. The best read I have witnessed in over 200 games.

Hells Kitchen being extinguished in the early hands. "Its a Hells Kitchen Massacre" - Braveheart

Black Cat arriving 90 mins late, having beaten 2 players in her absence. Respect to her. Not much respect to Superflash and Candyman!

Great game all. Really looking forward to the next one, of course we have a TEAM CHALLENGE GRAND SLAM event to face first!

Qualifying Table 1

Wall Street
Lawman
Hummingbird
Poker Pirate
Braveheart
The Persuader

Qualifying Table 2

Five Fingers
Candyman
Black Cat
Poker Shark
Superflash
Joe 90

Qualifying Table 3

Krazy Kat
Professor
Skywalker
DOG
The Fish
Love Rat

Chip Count at Final Table:

300 Hummingbird
156 Joe 90
145 Professor
144 Five Fingers
99 DOG
56 Skywalker

WWW   IP Logged
The Lawman
YaBB Newbies

'No one gets
justice, just good
or bad luck'

Re: Ranking 4: Hummingbird of Prey
Reply #1 - Jun 5th, 2005, 5:10pm

Grin
Wall Street was Hummingbirds last victim at our table so I think he was 9th and I 10th on the rankings, not that it makes any difference in the big picture.

Great game as always with some intense side games.

Boxing was brilliant as well and worth staying up for plus it means I play for free at the Team Challenge match as Braveheart will be paying my entry after a rash backing of the Aussie 'favourite' with a 5 wager. Never doubt a true Blue City boy! Good old Ricky!  

IP Logged
Five Fingers
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 5th, 2005, 5:58pm

i dont think we can pretend this didnt happen... in a poker three way before the fight Lawman and Five Fingers cleaned out Skywalker, who proceeded to stake FOUR first class stamps as currency. the challenges was accepted and to add insult to injury the "Post Master" (Lawman) took home those too! you know you may be getting into poker a little too much when it comes to this!

NICE.

WWW   IP Logged
bankie
YaBB Newbies

The Braveheart
Freedommmmmmmm!

Reply #3 - Jun 7th, 2005, 7:50pm

great action at our table throughout. huge swings on who held the money but with hummingbird silently sitting ther building up her pile.

pretty sure this is the first time since my first game where a hell's kitchen player hasn't made the final table. looking forward to the next one though.

great performance by hatton so i can't begrudge the lawman his stake too much at the next game. besides. i'll have it back by the end of the evening....

Email   IP Logged
tompas

Reply #4 - Jul 20th, 2005, 11:21am

A man came home from a poker game late one night and found his hideous harpy of a wife waiting for him with a rolling pin.  
"Where the hell have you been?" she asked.  

"You'll have to pack all your things, dear," he ad-libbed. "I've just lost you in a card game."  

"How did you manage to do that?"  

"It wasn't easy, honest. I had to fold with a royal flush."  

Email   IP Logged
The Lawman
YaBB Newbies

'No one gets
justice, just good
or bad luck'

Reply #5 - Jul 22nd, 2005, 6:58pm

You must be real bored to bother typing out that sh*t...

IP Logged
Five Fingers
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jul 22nd, 2005, 9:50pm

wow, the long arm of the law is not in much of a hugging mood is it?!

WWW   IP Logged
The Lawman
YaBB Newbies

'No one gets
justice, just good
or bad luck'

Reply #7 - Jul 23rd, 2005, 10:25pm

Sad Nope. 'Jokes' per say are just not very funny, let alone when they are written down. Sorry to be a misery...

IP Logged
Pages: 1