Welcome to Poker Jokers!  Find out more...
Pages: 1
Is poker a Sport? (Read 2911 times)
The Professor

Is poker a Sport?
Nov 4th, 2004, 10:52pm

news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/3981361.stm
If darts is in the Olympics then poker should be. Who do you think will win the match, Phil "The Power" Taylor or Andy"The Viking" Fordham. Im going to have to think hard about this before deciding where my hard earned is going!

IP Logged
The Lawman
YaBB Newbies

'No one gets
justice, just good
or bad luck'

Re: Is poker a Sport?
Reply #1 - Nov 5th, 2004, 9:10pm

Surely for better odds and a chance of winning it has to be fat boy Viking to win? Phil Taylor has won 11 titles against no-ones whereas fatty has been in the real tournies all along. Fat man to dis-charge the power!

IP Logged
Five Fingers
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 5th, 2004, 10:40pm

a month ago i saw the viking on BBC Grandstand being interviewed with his arm in a sling, he broke his wrist, sleeping i think.. ?!  anyway the point is apparently a wrist break completely screws your game for ages so i'd play safe and stick with Taylor!

... and yes of course its a sport compared to some of the crap in the Olympics... but surely must be included after poker!

WWW   IP Logged
The Professor

Reply #3 - Nov 13th, 2004, 4:57pm

darts.skysports.com/ Grin
Sporting event of the millennium so far! These athletes would surely win Gold for Britain in the Olymics (unless the mighty Dutch turned up) undecided

Cant back Taylor at 1:10 so ill steer clear of the betting, as Sis Waddell says he will be like "Satan with a Scud Missile" Classic Roll Eyes

IP Logged
The Professor

Reply #4 - Nov 22nd, 2004, 12:51pm

news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/4031143.stm

Sad news for the Viking, do the pay per view punters get a refund? Angry

IP Logged
Pages: 1