Welcome to Poker Jokers!  Find out more...
Pages: 1
Ranking Game 5: 23.07.04 Hummingbird flies high (Read 4400 times)
Five Fingers
Ex Member

Ranking Game 5: 23.07.04 Hummingbird flies high
Jul 26th, 2004, 8:38pm

1st Hummingbird (Jo)
2nd Five Fingers (Ot)
3rd Love Rat (Steve)

Let me know what order people went out!

The buy one Rolling Rock get one free may have dulled my senses somewhat. There seemed to be beer everywhere!

Prize fund: £5.00 each      
Chip Leaders at merge - £5.00 prize
Final Table winner - £60.00 prize  
Game Length: 19.30pm - 22.30pm 3 hours 00 mins      
Rules: Texas Hold'em

Two tables (7 person and 6 person)

Tables merged at 9.30pm

Venue: Poker Joker Card Room

Final Table:

Throw the poker formbook out the window! In a shock final table three players make their debut at final table this season.

Theres alot of love (and lager) in the room as the three are just over the moon to be guaranteed a point.  Hummingbird flies high, stealing like a cuckoo and soaring like an eagle with strong cards.

In a classic final hand, Five Fingers goes all in with A9 pre-flop.  The Hummingbird calls with a couple of pictures.  The flop brings an Ace and a picture to give the bird one pair.  

On 4th street Fingers is still winning until the river card makes the Hummingbird soar to victory with the second magic pair.

Her first and a VERY popular win.

Table 1:

Qualifiers - Five Fingers (chip leader) & Hummingbird
Out - Braveheart, Poker Shark, Professor & Black Cat
No show - Skywalker

Five Fingers plays alot of hands and draws deadly when needed, noteably knocking the Braveheart out with a pre-flop 55 all in call against KQ.  

The Hummingbird is never far behind and wins a number of hands off Five Fingers, ensuring the joy is shared.

A remarkable result for Skywalker, who doesnt turn up and is anted away, but still manages to become highest finisher from the Fishbowl... RESPECT.

Table 2:

Qualifiers - Love Rat (chip leader)
Out - Lawman, DOG, Poker Pirate, The Fish & The Mouse

It sounded like a rout from where Fingers was sitting, but could someone else write up this table as I was too busy with overwild celebrations and the shock of having some form on the other table!

WWW   IP Logged
Five Fingers
Ex Member

Had Skywalker gone Obi Wan Kenobi?
Reply #1 - Jul 26th, 2004, 8:45pm

I paid out Skywalkers fiver in the prize money! Doh!

Anyway, that aside, hope all was OK with the poker jedi...

WWW   IP Logged
The Fish
YaBB Newbies

'Big fish eat little
fish.'

Re: Ranking Game 5: 23.07.04 Hummingbird flies hig
Reply #2 - Jul 28th, 2004, 5:16pm

I went out just after the Shark, but I can't remember anymore than that I'm afraid!  Roll Eyes

Good game as always though.  Maybe next time!  Grin

Email   IP Logged
bankie
YaBB Newbies

The Braveheart
Freedommmmmmmm!

Re: Ranking Game 5: 23.07.04 Hummingbird flies hig
Reply #3 - Jul 28th, 2004, 5:39pm

i thoroughly enjoyed my short time at the table and was gutted not to spend more time playing on it (small pleasures maybe but no-one at my work talks about big brother so that was cool). couldn't believe the third five on the flop against fingers.

don't know anything of the other table except that the love rat kept my season hopes alive by knocking out the pirate. i understand he had J & 5 of diamonds and went all in when another five came up on the flop only to meet the pirates pocket cowboys. however, he then drew a flush for victory which set him on his way. i also know that at the end he asked me to come to mercy with him because he was meeting three women - is it just me or does that man take his poker joker name more seriously than anyone else!

bring on sep 03rd

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1