Welcome to Poker Jokers!  Find out more...
Pages: 1
Ranking Game 11: Candyman takes a rainbow (Read 6976 times)
Five Fingers
Ex Member

Ranking Game 11: Candyman takes a rainbow
Sep 7th, 2003, 11:51am

1st Candyman (Alex)
2nd Five Fingers (Ot)
3rd Real Deal (Dan)
4th Poker Pirate (Jamesie)
5th Black Cat (Caroline)
5th DOG (Carol)
7th Professor (Ben)

Prize fund: £5.00 each - total first prize £35.00      
Game Length: 8.00pm - 00.00pm 4 hours 00 mins      
Rules: Texas Hold'em - antes double 40 mins        
Venue: The Real Deal Horseshoe

The Candyman is unstoppable.  Plays like his new image, frightening.  Doesn't put a foot wrong all evening, betting infrequently in the early stages and attacking in the end game.  Takes out the Poker Pirates entire fleet with a full house of cannon balls, sinking his made Ace flush on the river.  The huge chip lead is never in danger as the remaining players fight out a side battle. Played three this season, won two, a definate contender for the BIG ONE bracelet.  Obvious delight cannot be surpressed as he snuggle fits into the Poker Joker shirt.  Luke warm? No way, Biggins. Red hot.

Five Fingers is over the poker moon. A contender for the title, his main objective is to keep the title alive in the final ranking game next month by taking down the Real Deal.  Looks smashed in the first four hands by bleeding half his chip stack.  Down to 15 chips at one stage he mounts a fightback starting with bullets shooting down the Professoe. In the final three he lets the Candyman do his dirty work and finish off the Real Deal.  Not enough left to take the win but ecstatic never the less. Face off awaits.

The Real Deal plays solid poker as ever but can't quite finish off Five Fingers.  Now faces a nervous last ranking game to decide the championship. Never really in it to win it, the usual bounty was placed on Fingers head. Takes out the ladies in a double header to famously put a dent in the womens recent run of good form.  Great hosting at the Horseshoe as ever, thanks to the Fox too for enduring a rowdy match.

The Poker Pirate was in the best form of his life.  No crazy plundering, just measured dangerous hunting of the poker pieces of eight.  The Pirate is Fingers nemisis in the early stages, virtually helping himself to his chips stack. Steadied his ship in the middle game but is sunk by a freak wave from the Candyman.  Out with an Ace high flush against a full house leaves a bitter taste in even the noblest man, yet along a cold hearted pirate. 'What do we do with the drunken sailor? Put him in a longboat 'til he's sober...'

The Black Cat and DOG are called to attention by the Real Deal.  He sends our feline and canine friends to a poker pet cemetary.  The Black Cat is designated driver and has to endure a disruptive game.  Never in it to win it, the Cat suffers the curse of the Poker Joker shirt and fails to win a hand.  Released from the burden of being current ranking game champion, the next match should see a return to form.  The DOG suffers a similar fate.  Never off the leash, the DOG is suffering an eye injury inflicted in some overzealous gardening in the day.  Regardless, this performance was more poodle than pitbull.  Timid and tame, more aggression is needed.

The Professor looks focused and ready for the long haul.  Comfortable with the long antes, more time for composing his thoughts and calculating his chances of victory.  Unfortunately, all that extra time results in two rash calls against hands of strength.  His abacus is rusty and he is condemned to a soft exit and last place in the penultimate ranking game.  A season of underachievement for last years league champion.  The trophy will be leaving the school of excellence.

WWW   IP Logged
Candyman
YaBB Newbies

Who can take a
rainbow....

Re: Ranking Game 11: Candyman takes a rainbow
Reply #1 - Sep 8th, 2003, 11:29am

An excellent write up and an excellent night (particularly as I won!!!!)

I think we all the agree that at least size wise the Poker Joker shirt has finally found its home - there will be no curse here...its 'onwards and upwards' as Christopher Biggens once said....

IP Logged
The Real Deal
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 8th, 2003, 10:45pm

What a load of nuts.  Not in it to win it!

The Pirate takes the credit for my demise, not Fingers.

The Pirate plundered me for 44 chips during a moment of over confidence fuelled by booze.

I don't think it had anything to do with Fingers at all. Nothing but a chancer.

Well played Candyman. How are Cilla and Dale nowadays?  Grin

IP Logged
Five Fingers
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 9th, 2003, 7:36am

feeling the pressue are we?... dont go and throw it all away Real Deal...

I would love it... love it.. etc

WWW   IP Logged
Candyman
YaBB Newbies

Who can take a
rainbow....

Reply #4 - Sep 9th, 2003, 8:28am

The Deal doesn't even need to show up to take the title seeing as its reliant on Fingers winning the last ranking game of the season....the trophy is in the bag surely

Mind you I wouldn't be surprised if there happened to be some confusion over the date or location of the last match that ends up with Fingers being the only one who shows up and therefore receiving the six points on offer and the title

IP Logged
The Real Deal
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Sep 11th, 2003, 4:27pm

I thrive on pressure Fingers.

I just don't like inaccurate reports. kiss My Arse!

IP Logged
Pages: 1