Welcome to Poker Jokers!  Find out more...
Pages: 1
Hall of Fame: Oliver Reed (Read 1792 times)
Five Fingers
Ex Member

Hall of Fame: Oliver Reed
May 28th, 2003, 9:19am

In 1999, Oliver Reed died of a heart attack in a bar... after downing three bottles of rum and beating five sailors at arm-wrestling.  His behaviour was legendry.

Spiking snooker ace Alex Higgins's whisky with Chanel perfume, followed by Higgins squirting washing-up liquid in his creme de menthe

His occasional habit of displaying the bird claws tattooed on his private parts, a performance which was once described as his "party trick"

He denied downing 104 pints of beer in a two-day session before marrying his wife, Josephine. "The event that was reported actually took place during an arm-wrestling competition in Guernsey about 15 years ago," he said. "It was highly exaggerated."

Oliver Reed once owned a racehorse called Gorn Myson. It only raced once under that name and afterwards the relevant authorities ordered a change of name as it was unfair to hear the racing commentators call out as the horses went down the final straight, "GO ON MY SON!"

"My only regret," he later declared, "is that I didn't drink every pub dry and sleep with every woman on the planet."

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1