Welcome to Poker Jokers!  Find out more...
Pages: 1
18.03.02 Birthday Bashing - Fingers finds his feet (Read 1078 times)
Five Fingers
Ex Member

18.03.02 Birthday Bashing - Fingers finds his feet
May 14th, 2003, 9:17am
The Results from 18.03.02 were:  
Winner Fingers (Ot)  
2nd= The Fox (Sarah)  
2nd= Dealer (Dan)  
4th Professor (Ben)  
Last D.O.G.  
Prize fund: 5 / each - Total first prize 25.00  
Game Length: 2 hours 30 mins (8.00pm to 10.30pm)  
Rules: Texas Hold'em - antes double after 60 mins..  
Starting ante: 1 and 2 Maximum ante: 16 and 32  
Chips: 30 ten pence / 10 twenty pence (blue)  
Venue: Dealer's Bar  
Album of night: The Best of Air Guitar  
Professor, Dealer and D.O.G. had been drinking all day to celebrate the professors birthday. Fingers suggests poker and is accused later in the night of eyeing easy prey (outrageous!).  
Dealer hosts and is in his element behind his lounge bar. Introduces the new dealer chip for Poker Jokers, a minature tequila hat. Its metal night as Rainbow and Deep Purple power out the cards.. arise you ROCKERS.  
Dealer plays steady cards all night and is unlucky to lose out to a full house Fingers hand. After 90 mins decides to call a mid game break and makes the chip leaders (professor and fingers) drink extremely LARGE margaritas. This cunning strategy backfires as the alcohol kicks in 40 minutes too late for the dealer to survive.  
The Fox joins the league of ladies who are a threat to the male domination. Bluffs and flusters the Professor, fools everyone with a double bluff flush hand. Cunning and clever, never underestimate the Fox. Quote of night from the Fox.. 'last time we played I just wanted to paint my friends nails so I gambled all my money really quickly'... respect!  
D.O.G. tries a new strategy, we're not sure what it was, she wouldn't say, but sure as hell it wasn't an improvement. Appears an old D.O.G. can't learn new tricks! (I mean old as in an experience player, not a wrinkly..phew!). Crashed out in last place, once again going head to head with the soon to be husband. Does the D.O.G. still have the bite to gain that first win?  
Professor is celebrating his birthday and plays solid cards... yet again. Rushes into chip leader status but is unable to sustain his position. Slowly wittled away. Less counting on display tonight, may be trying to disguise a tell. On the other hand the margarita incident may have numbed his hands! Quoted as saying 'there'll be no cards for ****ing charity tonight'... still bitter that last time half his winnings went to a good cause.. no need for concern tonight in the end!  
Fingers plays catch up on the drinking but times his alcohol intake to perfection. A mere 30 mins after the game finishes the booze kicks in and he is a rabbling fool. Education appears to be sinking in and even calculates probability on one hand (he folded and would have won the hand.. stupid books!). Flops three of a kind, three hands in a row. Luck plays a major part as he slow plays and wins four or five marginal hands. Fingers the Poker Joker pot and creates a birthday bashing. It can't last!  
By professor on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 03:27 pm:  
Far be it from me to criticise the reprt but I think i was out earlier than these results show. I was sertainly out before the end i thoght i came fourth.  
By Fingers on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 05:01 pm:  
ooh bugger... please let me have the official result.. I was too busy hunting glory!  
By prof on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 06:39 pm:  
I was fourth and sarah and dan were second equal.  
I think.  
It still means i lost 5  
By Fingers on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 - 12:31 pm:  
I think the reason for confusion was all three of you succumbed in the space of four hands or so.. or it could have been all the margaritas kicking in earlier than anticipated.  
As you said.. the result was the same! I was going to run a form book soon based on results from each persons past three games so could be important! I need to get out more...  
By prof on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 - 12:50 pm:  
yes world ranking points were at stake  
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1