Welcome to Poker Jokers!  Find out more...
Pages: 1
Friendly - 05.04.03 Candyman sweet sweep (Read 4915 times)
Five Fingers
Ex Member

Friendly - 05.04.03 Candyman sweet sweep
Apr 6th, 2003, 11:45am

Well I guess wine is not such a happy juice... I can't remember the first game much (I am pretty sure Candyman won and the Real Deal forgot completely how to play poker in the face of everyones concensus!).

Anyway, can someone else complete this, its a blur.

And once and for all, why on earth do we play a SECOND game!  I can't even recall who won that one!  Can someone else write these games up.  

Not for the first time, I remember a Fingers witchhunt taking place.  Bring on the ranking game and a chance for revenge!

Grin

WWW   IP Logged
The Poker Pirate
Ex Member

Re: 05.04.03 Candyman sweet smell of success
Reply #1 - Apr 7th, 2003, 12:07pm

All was going well during the first game, the ladies went out first and decided to get revenge by issuing everyone with more beer. Everyone was on his her feet at one stage before recovering after sucking as all in. The Real Deal down to his last chips (and by God are these fancy chips and worth holding on to!!!), went all in at least 3 if not 4 times in a row and doubled up each time. The pirate bluffed 4 snowmen at some stage to claim another scalp or 2. BG was consistant before Fingers emptied his bottle of wine into a waiting glass. This confusion of alcohol made him confused and out. My recolection of the last 3 were Alex, Fingers and the Pirate in that order.

The second game was suggested by Fingers and seconded by the DOG. The first Bounty was played for however the Black Cat won her very first hand of the evening and decided that was enough excitement and needed to curl up and sleep. Bounty was taken by the DOG and very little fur was taken. The Real Deal threw caution to the wind and lady luck was not on his side and his all in call went nowhere to the Pirates straight. Alex (being sober) decided enough was enough and went taking Fingers (without his chips). 5 mins later, fingers returned to complete the game. Ended up in 3rd place. Pirate second and the DOG won.

Fingers and the Prof were arguing constanlty about an earlier game - the Black Cats first in which everyone was routing for the Cat. He has not forgotten this and caused a furore. The Prof retaliated and  Fingers threw his cards away (he was trying to deal) sending chips everywhere.

Perhaps next match, the alcohol level should be limited to a certain amount to avoid unpleasantness. Or there should be a fine box for arguements and excetional unprofessionalism - banter is fine but there are limits!

Wink

IP Logged
Five Fingers
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 7th, 2003, 12:25pm

sound advice...

WWW   IP Logged
The Professor

Reply #3 - Apr 7th, 2003, 4:40pm

If we had guns we might be more carefyul about upsetting each other

IP Logged
Candyman
YaBB Newbies

Who can take a
rainbow....

Reply #4 - Apr 7th, 2003, 4:51pm

I'm never playing sober again....its not worth it - even if you do stand a better chance of winning!  

Despite the alcohol the first game went pretty smoothly - except for Real Deal refusing to play at one point over a raise / re-raise rule query...(for the record he was wrong!!!)  

Oh and then there was Fingers, after getting to the head2head against the Candyman, saying that both the Professer & the DOG were 'nuts' at poker! When they in turn produced the league trophy and the Big One bracelet to prove Fingers wrong he just referred them to his full chip rack and their bare ones - you are obviously only as good as your last game...

As hosts they did well not to simply eject the drunken fool - they obviously spotted easy money...is it any wonder that they called loudest for the second game (where DOG took both the Bounty and the Pot - she should play with the bracelet on more often)...

As it was (and always is with 2nd games - I think we need to start thinking about banning them...maybe play blackjack instead!) things obviously got alot worse during the next match - thankfully I had left! Noteably though the game did produce 2 firsts.  

Our first first was the new 'Bounty' rule where a side pot is paid to the player that takes out a randomly selected opponent - this time the Prey was the Black Cat and she was duely dispatched quite fittingly by the DOG - who took the £3.50 side pot. I think Fingers feels that he has been the unofficial 'Bounty Prey' for some time now so he for one should be glad of this new way of playing...

Our second 'first' was the Real Deal not dealing a hand to Fingers after he said he didn't want to play because he hadn't cut the pack (he had been given the opportunity but had merely chucked the pack back at the dealer...) Calling it the worst breach of poker etiquette in the history of poker, Fingers walked out, refusing to shake the hosts hand on the way...he did return but an atmosphere of hostility obviously remained.  

I for one thought the Deal did the right thing...in my opinion players that are being 'out of order' should be missed out of the following hand and be made to pay the equivalant of the big blind to get back in no matter where the dealer button sits...  

Anyway I actually did have a cracking night and came home £30 up to boot so thanks to the Prof and DOG for some more fine hosting at Chateau Gardner - a truely splendid venue that I would throughly recommend to all...

IP Logged
yelloflag
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Apr 7th, 2003, 6:00pm

All seems a bit hard core , not to worry i have brought a few new things from Vegas to ligten the mood. Tongue

IP Logged
Five Fingers
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Apr 7th, 2003, 6:41pm

i hope you arent referring to an Elvis marriage certificate Mr Flag.

not to apologise AGAIN... but I must claim responsibility for everything except the rule thing made up by the Real Deal.  I think one of my bottles of wine must have been from a bad vine (!).  

Don't EVER let me have a gun...

I completely agree with a ban on a second game, if only for me!  Blackjack sounds good... or even top trumps would be better!

I too must concur (now) with the Deals decision to not deal cards to Fingers.  

I hold you all responsible... you should have sent me home in disgrace!

WWW   IP Logged
yelloflag
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Apr 7th, 2003, 6:45pm

no but i have got a cracking elvis shirt .
I nned you forte as a stunt double for me stag night

IP Logged
yelloflag
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Apr 7th, 2003, 6:47pm

as a specimen hunter is the Bounty known before the game starts or is it revelaed at the end? ???

IP Logged
Five Fingers
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Apr 7th, 2003, 7:54pm

you play too much Risk!

i still maintain the bounty is on me every game, but i like it that way!

i am looking forward to the ranking game friday night, are you making it Flag... ?

we could do with a look at that poker shirt and taking your $$$$!

WWW   IP Logged
Candyman
YaBB Newbies

Who can take a
rainbow....

Re: Friendly - 05.04.03 Candyman sweet sweep
Reply #10 - Apr 8th, 2003, 9:41am

Glad to see you made it back from Vegas Tommy - I was worried that you might have gambled everything away including your ticket home...happy to see that our worries about you having to earn your flight home the hard way were unfounded...

Whats this about needing Ottie as a stunt - double on your stag?!?!?! Got one planned for yourself??

IP Logged
Five Fingers
Ex Member

Re: Friendly - 05.04.03 Candyman sweet sweep
Reply #11 - Apr 8th, 2003, 9:53am

blimey, i hadnt thought of that!  Whats the news f*g?

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1