VISIT THE NEW POKER FORUM
Home | Help | Search | Login | Register
   Poker Jokers
   Tournaments and Friendlies
   2002 League Championship
   Friendly: 15.09.02 Novice turns old pro's green
Pages: 1 Reply | Notify of replies | Send the topic | Print 
   Author  Topic: Friendly: 15.09.02 Novice turns old pro's green  (Read 785 times)
Big Dog
YaBB Administrator

Poker Resistance

View Profile | WWW | E-Mail
Friendly: 15.09.02 Novice turns old pro's green
« on: May 14th, 2003, 10:05am »
| Reply with quote | Modify

Controversial report following as there were no Poker Jokers present

The Results from 15.09.02 were:

1st. T-Cube (Chris)
2nd. Yellow Flag (Tommy)
3rd. Real Deal (Danny)
4th. Candyman (Alex)
=5th. 24/8 (Luke)
=5th. Eastern Promise (Johnny)
7th. EZ-G (Gopes)
8th. The Fro (Richie)

Prize fund: 5.00 each - total first prize 40.00
Game Length: 2.00am - 4.00am 2 hours
Rules: Texas Hold'em - antes double 30 mins
Starting ante: 20 peanuts each! - 1 and 2 Maximum ante: 6 and 16
Venue: Donegal Town, Ireland

The 3 old school poker players (Real Deal, Yellow Flag & Candyman)saw this as the perfect opportunity to pick up some easy money - however either Candy taught the newbies too well, or more likely, Bushmills got the better of them in the later stages.

All started to plan with The Fro going all-in on a nothing hand within 15 minutes. Immediately taken out by the Gardners, he left the table a bitter man - 'The game was taking far too d**n long...I could have probably won but would have been several years older'.

EZ-G was next to go - Yellow Flag left him with 1 peanut after a big showdown. EZ-G did the decent thing - binned his nut and left the table - 'I'm not even going to eat the bloody thing'

Eastern Promise & 24/8 were soon to follow, both being taken out by the dark horse that was T-Cube. Eastern Promise would have made the Professor proud, having to be dragged from the table shouting about a conspiricy and demanding an enquiry. 24/8 was left 'shell shocked' - 'I can't believe I wasted all my nuts on nothing...'

Everything was going to plan with all but one of the novices ousted while the Gardners had built up a massive chip lead. At this point it all turned to s**t as over confidence led to some suicidal playing.

Candyman went all in on a pair of 4's and was taken out by the Real Deal - 'Gardnered again!'...

Next fell the Real Deal himself 'Can't believe I went all in on a pair of 5's - CRAZY...'

Meanwhile T-Cube consistently picked up 'nuts' and actually managed to 'psche' Yellowflag in the one-on-one. The Flag was soon all-in and left shaking his head in disgust as he was taken out on a straight - ' I didn't think he would have the 10'.

T-Cube left with the money - 'I picked up the 40 big-ones cause I played with a gangster stylee...time to retire I think'

By Five Fingers on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 08:46 pm:

anyone who's played at a Poker Joker table has the right to report.

mind you, sounds like you let the side down lads! The Poker Joker flag is at half mast...

Pages: 1 Reply | Notify of replies | Send the topic | Print 
Jump to:

Poker Jokers (http://www.pokerjokers.co.uk/cgi-bin/archive/YaBB.cgi)