VISIT THE NEW POKER FORUM
Home | Help | Search | Login | Register
   Poker Jokers
   Tournaments and Friendlies
   2002 League Championship
   08.06.02 Wino conjures up the vegas magic
Pages: 1 Reply | Notify of replies | Send the topic | Print 
   Author  Topic: 08.06.02 Wino conjures up the vegas magic  (Read 1167 times)
Big Dog
YaBB Administrator

Poker Resistance

View Profile | WWW | E-Mail
08.06.02 Wino conjures up the vegas magic
« on: May 14th, 2003, 9:47am »
| Reply with quote | Modify

The Results from 03.06.02 were:

1st. Wino (Paul)
2nd. Fox (Sarah)
3rd= Boy Plunger (Ian)
3rd= DOG (Carol)
5th. Professor (Ben)
6th. Fingers (Ot)
Last Real Deal (Dan)

Prize fund: 5.00 each - total first prize 35.00
Game Length: 5 hours 00 mins (9.00pm to 2.00am)
Rules: Texas Hold'em - antes double after 45 mins
Starting ante: 1 and 2 Maximum ante: 16 and 32
Venue: Fingers Card Shack

Highlights:

Wino softens up the Jokers with some gifts for the Poker Jokers direct from the city of lights, Vegas coasters, a '$' money clip and a new poker 'bag' and 100 King Edward cigars.

Wino is less forthcoming about his 'bag' of new tricks and works his magic all night to claim an impressive win.

Wino has been tee-total for some time now at the big games and his game is transformed. He is an assassin in the big hands, using strong arm tactics to bully and exterminate the opposition. An iceman now, never once bowing to pressure. A worthy winner.

The Fox was so close. Fast out of the blocks again she wins the early hands. One on one with the Wino it looks all over as she has a massive chip lead. Throws it all away as she turns 'basil brush' on a hand and loses big. The bridesmaid again. She must win soon... surely...

The Boy Plunger arrives in a pair of sunglasses and announces the demise of Grinder. His play is more aggressive and is involved in most hands. Different mask, same result. He is destroyed playing an AK 'sure thing'. Will this mean the return of the Grinder?

DOG is never in it to win it. The pressure from Women in Poker rests heavy on her shoulders as the boys bite back. Grinding tactics fall short on the larger table and her chips dry up. With no time left to grind, the DOG fades from the table without even a wimper. More chiwawa than rottweiler tonight.

Professor looks a strong contender for a win as early on he masters the table. The beer factor kicks in and he reverts to maniac betting. Jeckyll and Hyde. Admirable tactical move to upset the Plungers play as he spills a pint of lager on the table, himself and the plunger. Does anyone remember the last ranking win for the Professor? Surely just making up the numbers.

Fingers is out early. Grinded and grinded and then bet all on an unsuited AK before seeing the flop. Eggs all in one basket. Egg on his face as he takes a waiting seat in the longest game so far. Online poker has corrupted his game. Nerd. Get off that computer and get a life. Dazed and confused.

The Real Deal is last again. His run of form can only be described as unprecedented and impossibly poor. No patience as he loses heavy on an early hand. Trys to win his money back in a rush and decides that speculating wildly is the solution. It's a marathon not a sprint. No way back?

As a final note we must say that on this night, for the record, that Lennox Lewis is the greatest fighter of all time. Tyson, eat that Brit grit.

By Grinder on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 07:48 am:

Does Fingers only prepare the tables when he is winning ? Grinder wants to confirm his clear lead as the Bridesmaid !

By Fingers on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 01:22 pm:

they are all updated but do not show as new postings.

Click in the left hand menu...

Topics
Poker Joker Tables
and then which one you want to see...

Its early days... I am expecting to get some valuable points back on you this weekend...

By Professor on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 04:40 pm:

What about the second game..I won that..it deserves recognition!

By Boy Plunger on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 05:18 pm:

I have found it (cunningly disguised as May 26th!).

The second game is a non-ranking event Professor !!

By Fingers on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 06:14 pm:

I'm afraid we have to stick with the initial agreement with Plunger made pre-second game.

Good effort though and you did win your stake back! It will give you more determination to win on the stag do...!

By prof on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 08:28 pm:

you could still put on the site that i won a game, it doesnt have to count towards the averages, I want WIP to know that!!!

By Fingers on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 09:17 pm:

i think you have just let her know...

WIP will be delighted!

Win a real game on the stag do... it's going to be a titanic few days...

Pages: 1 Reply | Notify of replies | Send the topic | Print 
Jump to:

Poker Jokers (http://www.pokerjokers.co.uk/cgi-bin/archive/YaBB.cgi)